Online reservations are non-refundable. If cancelled 48 hours in advance credit will be given to future use on any of our activities.
Safety Waivers & Rules
Gotta make the insurance company happy.
Know what you’re thinking… “Rules and safety waivers are dumb and inconvenient”. Yeah, we’re not big fans of them either but we gotta make the insurance company happy. New customers can now register online and will sign the waivers when they check-in. For large groups, parties, and events it's recommended you register prior to the event and use the event code. This will help speed up the check-in process when you're here. Safety waivers are required for the high-speed kart racing and all other activities except the arcade.
Go-Kart Racing Requirements
Safety waivers are required for all Adult and Youth race participants. There's also a quick 3 minute safety video first time drivers need to watch before racing. Close toed shoes are required in order to race, we provide shoe rentals for $2.00. Adult and Youth karts are not on track at the same time (they race in separate races).
Well quite simply our Adult karts = Heavy Mass + High Speed and our Youth Karts = Light Mass + High Speed. Newton’s Third Law of Motion states that when one body (adult kart) exerts a force on a second body (youth kart) there will be a massive crash resulting in the second body (youth kart) taking flight. Okay, made that last part up but you get the point.
Youth High-Speed Karts
- Age: 8-15 years old
- Height Min: 48" tall (NC State requirement)
- Weigth Max: 170 lbs
- Safety Waiver Required: YES
Adult High-Speed Karts
- Age: 16+ Must have Proof of age
- Height Min: 48" tall (NC State requirement)
- Weight Max: 300 lbs
- Safety Waiver Required: YES
Important Kart Track Rules
Okay, here’s the really important stuff… These are not bumper cars at an amusement park but rather professionally setup racing karts designed to go fast (yeah baby!). That’s why we give you a full face helmet and neck collar. If you receive a warning while racing, please understand that this is being done to ensure the safety of everyone racing which is more important to us than anything else. Accidents unfortunately happen when one or more customers do not follow our rules and pay attention to the flags and lights.
- Track Marshals Always obey the track marshals. Any customer who ignores a warning by a marshal will be given a polite verbal warning after the race. Repeated offenses may result in a customer’s removal/ban from future races.
- Equipment & Clothing All drivers must wear a DOT approved full face helmet, neck collar, and closed toe shoes. We provide both of these but you can bring your own helmet and/or neck collar if you want. Just make sure they’re in good condition and have the proper DOT or SFI safety rating.
- Health Concerns Kart racing poses special risks to people with neck or back problems, heart conditions, anyone who is pregnant, anyone who should not be in a stressful or physically demanding environment. If you have any doubt, please check with your doctor before racing.
- Drinking & Driving The Pit has a strict "zero tolerance policy" regarding alcohol and/or drug abuse. Any person who fails or refuses to take a breathalyzer test, or appears to be under the influence, will not be permitted to race.
- No Bumping Just like in professional racing, we do not allow “intentional contact”. Of course we understand the saying “rubbin is racing” but anyone displaying aggression (physical or verbal) towards other customers or our track marshals will be removed from the race. No refunds will be given. If you see a faster moving racer coming up behind you, it is courteous to move to the outer wall of the track to alow the faster racer to pass. Our track marshals will indicate with a "move over" sign if a faster racer is coming up on you. No Bumping applies when entering the race pit after the race, do not jostle the kart ahead of you when parking your kart.
- Conduct When Crashed If you spin out the kart wait for a marshal to assist you. Under no circumstances should you attempt to get out of the kart or push yourself away from the barriers with either your hands or feet. Stay inside the kart at all times. Never drive backwards on the track to turn around.
Important Axe Pit Rules
At The Pit Indoor Kart Racing we prioritize maintaning a safe envorment for our customers and employees. So it should come as no suprise that with the addition of an activity that involves throwing sharp objects, we implement safety rules. The following of these rules are mandatory. If you are not following the safety rules, we reserve the right to terminate your experience.
- Waiver & Clothing All players/participants must read and sign the waiver. Closed-toed shoes are also required.
- It’s Axe Throwing, Not Axe Catching DO NOT TRY TO CATCH AN AXE! If an axe bounces back from a target, quickly step backward and to the side in your lane. DO NOT point or gesture with the axe, ANY MISHANDLING OF AN AXE OR HORSEPLAY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL RESULT IN YOUR REMOVAL FROM THE ACTIVITY!
- Stay In Safety Areas There is only one person in a lane at any time. Do not enter a lane until it is completely cleared. If you are not throwing, you must remain behind the fenced area at all times.
- One Axe At A Time Only one axe is thrown at a time in each lane. Whether it sticks or not, retrieve the axe that is thrown before starting another turn.
- No Axes Outside The Fence Do not remove an axe from the throwing area. All axes must remain in the fenced in area at all times.
- Don’t Touch The Fence Do not touch or grab the fence, either in the spectator area, or especially when picking up an axe off the ground. It is important to us that you leave with the same number of fingers that you came with.
- Don’t Hand Off An Axe Handing off an axe might take your hand off! Do not hand another player an axe. When done throwing, replace your axe in the axe box, head down and exit the area.
- No Food or Drink in the Throwing Area We have designated areas for food and drinks. Please use them accordingly. No food or drink in the lanes.
- If You See Something, Say Something Please let us know if you need a board replaced, or if you notice any damage to an axe. We want you to have the best experience possible, and want to provide the equipment and environment to do so.
- Be Safe And Have Fun Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience, and also leave us a positive review online!
IF YOU ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE SAFETY RULES, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Fequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to sign the safety waiver? >Our Safety Waiver verifies all information you entered into our kiosk for your customer profile is accurate and that you understand and agree to follow all of our safety rules and procedures for each activity. The Safety Waiver also states that we will never give out or sell your information.
Does the info I entered for my customer profile stay private? >Absolutely! When you sign in on one of our kiosks you'll only enter basic information. Whether making a purchase in person or over the phone we never store or keep any billing information. Again, all customer information is strictly confidential and is never given out or sold.
I'm not a member, do I have to sign a safety waiver every time I visit? >No, anyone who has went through the check-in process and signed a safety waiver does not have to sign it again.
Who can sign the safety waiver for a youth? >The youth's parent(s) or legal guardian. We also accept signatures from immediate relatives such as Aunts, Uncles, Grandma, Grandpa, etc... A friend's parent(s) may sign the waiver as long as they have permission to do so.